Blueberry Ice Cream Topping
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and salt; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until the berries burst.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into hot blueberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 23 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2014
This recipe was delicious!!! I used frozen blueberries. My only caution with this recipe is that the frozen blueberries dyed our mouths/tongues a dark shade of blue, so it may not be the ideal dessert in certain settings. Thanks for the yummy recipe!
Feb 26, 2010
Tastes like blueberry pie ice cream. Very good!