Raspberry Ice Cream Delight
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; set aside 1/4 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze 15 minutes.
- Place hot fudge topping in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds. Spread over crust.
- Spoon ice cream over fudge layer. Place spoonfuls of sherbet over ice cream; cut through sherbet with a knife to swirl. Top with raspberries. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 342 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 31, 2017
My family raved. Very simple and looks good.
Jul 28, 2016
I found this easy to make and very tasty. Make sure frozen raspberrys are dethawed or use fresh. I added extra hot fudge. It is a hit and cool for a great summer dessert
Jul 17, 2016
I rate this 5 stars, because I changed a few things. I think it would have been too sweet, if I had not. I used gluten free chocolate cookies, no sugar in the cookie crust, organic ice cream and sorbet, fresh raspberries instead of frozen sweetened ones and real whipped cream. Delicious!
Jul 9, 2016
Great recipe but for a 13x9 pan I used a half gallon ice cream, a 10 ounce container of hot fudge, and 3/4 cup of wafers.
Jul 7, 2016
YUMMMMY!!! I used gluten-free cookies for the base, and homemade vanilla and raspberry ice cream - delish! This is so easy yet elegant for a summertime dessert.
Jul 7, 2012
This was great. Made a few changes. Used crushed, cream-filled chocolate Oreos, and doubled the recipe for a 9x13, but only used 1 container of raspberry sherbet. Also topped it with real whipping cream.
May 6, 2011
I made it during the Christmas Holidays and I'm making it for the ladies cook out in a couple of weeks. It's a big hit with everyone !!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.