Raspberry Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Process: 20 min./batch+ freezing
Makesabout 1-1/2 quarts
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and pulse until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sugar until dissolved. Stir in remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour mixture into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm.
Apr 15, 2018
I so love this ice cream and will make it again. Buying an ice cream machine was thee best thing I have ever done for myself.
Jan 8, 2016
This is so easy and wonderful! I love this ice cream, sometimes I add mini chocolate chips to it. My family always asks me to make this for gatherings.
Jul 28, 2014
This is my go to recipe. It has no eggs - I'm allergic - but is creamy and delicious.
May 30, 2013
Really easy to make and really good. Great for the summer heat.
Jun 29, 2012
Super easy to make and delicious. The whole family loved it!
Jun 6, 2011
Delicious! I think I'd add a few more raspberries next time (maybe half a cup) but, other than that, wouldn't change a thing. Goes together quickly and easily too.
Jul 29, 2009
I loved this recipe! (I made it more diabetic friendly with half the sugar replaced with Splenda.)I had too many raspberries in my Mother-in-law's freezer so I made this recipe. She can't have seeds of any kind, so I removed the seeds first (about 1 hour).With the amount I de-seeded, I was able to make a second batch. This time I reduced the sugar and again used 50% splenda and 50% sugar ( about 5/8th of a cup in total) and eliminated the whipping cream and used only 1/2 and 1/2 cream. It was delicous. I will use this for other berries as well. Strawberries, blueberries, huckleberries and maybe even cranberries. Should adapt very well.fastquilter56