Raspberry Icebox Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the gelatin and water; stir until gelatin and water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Fold in the raspberries. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until syrupy.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix on for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add pudding. Spread over crust. Spoon gelatin mixture over the top. Chill until set. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 239 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 8, 2014
I've made these several times and they are always a big hit. Taste delicious!!!
Aug 12, 2013
I liked the flavors of this recipe but mine turned out less set than I was expecting. We served with a spoon rather than a spatula!
Apr 26, 2013
This looks good and I will try it. Great idea to try the lemon gel and peaches RebG. Maybe someone could try Pistachio pudding and another flavor with that. Makes a pretty presentation in glass bakeware.
Nov 18, 2012
I was acyually surprised that I liked this as much as I did. I used mixed berries because that is what I could find. The middle layer tasted like cheese cake which I thought was delicious. I will make this again. I also got a lot of compliments.
Aug 6, 2012
It was very good! I used strawberry gelatin instead of raspberry, since that was all we had, but still used frozen raspberries. Turned out wonderful! Only thing is, it doesn't make very much. The layers are quite thin, so you need to serve big slices! :) It was nice and refreshing, and was a real hit with my family! :)
Jul 18, 2012
Really yummy with the vanilla pudding, cream cheese filling.I made it with lemon jello and peaches.Absolutely delicious! Also quite easy to make.
May 15, 2012
Very easy to make, especially if you use frozen raspberries, as I did. Mix the frozen raspberries into the gelatin and by the time the other layers are ready the gelatin has congealed enough to complete the layering. This wasn't as good as I expected so I probably won't make it again. It was good, just not good enough for a repeat performance ... in my opinion.
Sep 16, 2011
This is a fantastic recipe that I have made time & time again. I am always asked for the recipe. You can also make with strawberries. You can use strawberry gelatin with the raspberries & it turn out delicious too.
Mar 2, 2010
sounds very good, but can you substitute strawberries?