Fresh Raspberry Icebox Cake
Layered icebox cakes are so fun because they look impressive but couldn't be easier. Fresh raspberries make this one really special. Use Anna's Ginger Thins to get the scalloped edges, or regular gingersnaps if those are not available. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 2 packages (5-1/4 ounces each) thin ginger cookies
- 5 cups fresh raspberries (about 20 ounces), divided
- Stir mascarpone cheese; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Reserve 1/2 cup cream; cover and refrigerate. Add lemon zest and mascarpone to remaining whipped cream; beat until stiff peaks form, 30-60 seconds.
- On a serving plate, spread 1/2 cup of the cream mixture in a 7-in.-diameter circle. Arrange six cookies in a circle on top of the cream, placing a seventh cookie in the center. Gently fold 4 cups of raspberries into remaining cream mixture. Spoon about 1 cup raspberry cream mixture over the cookies. Repeat layers six times, ending with cookies (there will be eight cookie layers in all). Spread reserved whipped cream over cookies; top with remaining raspberries. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Anna's Ginger Thins Swedish cookies.