Warm Pineapple Sundaes with Rum Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 fresh pineapple spears (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream or low-fat frozen yogurt
- 4 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Place pineapple in 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, rum and ginger; spoon over pineapple. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° until pineapple is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly, 8-10 minutes. Place ice cream in 2 dessert dishes; top with pineapple and sauce. Serve immediately with crushed cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 536 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 95g carbohydrate (78g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2013
This is a great summertime dessert that can easily be modified to suit ones tastes, I thought that 3/4 teaspoon ginger would be a bit strong, so I actually substituted 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg for a more subtle flavor. I also used shortbread cookies as that's what I had on hand.
Mar 30, 2012
Very yummy! I used Rum Flavoring instead of Rum, however. It makes me think of some yummy desserts we have had in the Caribbean. Was a hit with my husband too!