Bananas Foster Sundaes for 2
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Add banana and pecans; cook until banana is glazed and slightly softened, stirring lightly, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 sundae: 259 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 13, 2016
Did not like the OJ in this.
May 25, 2014
really good! I used Kahlua instead of rum.
Apr 24, 2014
Simple and fast.
Sep 20, 2013
Wow this is really good, I doubled all the ingredients but used only 1 banana and it was a perfect amount for 2. I didn't have orange juice so I used pineapple juice and I omitted the nutmeg since I don't care for that flavor . I will definitely be making this often, so yummy!
Feb 7, 2013
I forgot to say I also used dark rum instead of extract
Feb 7, 2013
Thought it was very tasty but I doubled it and would recommend to do that even if just for 2 people. No bad at all for a lower cal recipe
Apr 3, 2011
My wife & I love this. Quick, easy & delicious! I used 1 tsp dark rum instead of rum extract. Made it a little more authentic. Did not use pecans.
May 10, 2010
we love this. it is so easy and seems special.