Bananas Foster Pie
I love peanut butter with banana, so it only made sense to me to create a pie with that combination. I also used the flavors of banana's foster to create this delectable pie.—Emily Hobbs, Ozark, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas
- Whipped cream, caramel sundae syrup and chopped salted peanuts
- Combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the peanut butter, rum and vanilla.
- Slice bananas into the crust; pour filling over top. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish as desired with whipped cream, caramel syrup and peanuts. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 1 piece (calculated without garnishes): 422 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Banana's Foster Peanut Butter Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.