Peaches and Cream for 2
I love to cook for family and friends and this is my recipe that is most often requested. A surprisingly simple summer dessert, it is heavenly warm from the oven, with fresh peaches tender and tasty.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Place peaches in two small baking dishes. Add syrup; stir gently to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peaches are tender. Serve warm or chilled with cream.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 341 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Peaches and Cream in Reminisce Extra July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.