Peaches and Cream for 2
I love to cook for family and friends and this is my recipe that is most often requested. A surprisingly simple summer dessert, it is heavenly warm from the oven, with fresh peaches tender and tasty.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Place peaches in two small baking dishes. Add syrup; stir gently to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peaches are tender. Serve warm or chilled with cream.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 341 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Peaches and Cream in Reminisce Extra July 2007