Peaches ‘n’ Cream Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll dough sheet into a rectangle. Press onto bottom and slightly up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Spread over crust. Spoon pie filling over cream cheese layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over peach filling.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 16, 2015
I made these with apple pie filling and pecans since that's what I had. It was OK as written, but I wasn't crazy about the crust. will make again, but use a crumb crust instead. And probably omit the nuts.
Jul 22, 2014
I liked these, they were easy to make and I got lots of compliments. However, when I make them next time, I might revise the crust. I would either use pie crust or not bake it 5 minutes first. I'm not sure. It just seemed too done. Also the almond flavor packed a punch. I'm questioning now if I might have put in 1/2 tsp instead of 1/4.
Dec 8, 2013
Thought these were very good altho a bit sweet, would be good with other types of pie filling.
Mar 24, 2013
Made these without the almonds, took them to a party and every one loved them.
Jul 8, 2012
These peach bars are my favorite type of desert! These bars are absolutely wonderful! I have made them many times and everyone always requests the recipe... If you are reading this and considering making this recipe, expect that they will NOT last long! :)
Jan 22, 2012
I cook for a variety of people. I made these bars for a church fellowship and they were gone in a few minutes. These bars are easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. The ingredients are economical, the ingredients compliment each other and they come out of the pan easily. I plan on making these again next week for a homeless shelter for their dessert. I know they will enjoy them as much as I do.
Sep 27, 2011
I've made this recipe a few times several years ago and I am back to the website to get this recipe to make again for a new batch of coworkers. This is without question a five star dessert recipe!
Apr 22, 2011
I had made these bars for a party and now everyone asks me to bring them all the time. I have even made the recipe using apple or cherry pie filling - but, then I use vanilla and walnuts instead of the almonds.