Peach Cobbler for Two
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in butter and lemon juice.
- For topping, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in milk, butter and orange zest. Transfer hot peach mixture to an ungreased 2-cup baking dish. spoon topping over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 400° until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 402 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 19, 2019
My boyfriend and I wanted a quick dessert last weekend that wouldn't leave us with a ton of leftovers. THIS was perfect! The addition of the orange zest was terrific! So thrilled with how quickly this came together as well :)
Oct 7, 2015
Leave out the orange zest because it overpowered the peach flavor. Nice topping. Just right size for two.
May 21, 2014
Add some cinnamon to both the topping and the filling and it helps.
Jul 25, 2013
This was excellent and served two just perfectly. I added a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the peaches before putting them in the baking dish. I look forward to peach season every summer. This recipe gives me one more way to enjoy my favorite fruit.
Jun 3, 2011
I made this Peach Cobbler for Two and took one taste... then I had to make another one to share with my unsuspecting husband because I ate the first one I made all by myself - it is VERY good!
Aug 8, 2010
Yesterday I made this recipe for my husband and me. We live near several orchards and I had some very ripe peaches. I used one large peach in this recipe and left out the grated orange peel since my husband is not very keen on anything "different". We both thought this to be the best peach cobbler we had ever eaten. Thank you for this recipe!Ev Williams
Feb 28, 2010
Peach cobbler for two is a delicious, easy to make recipe that my husband and I really love on special nights. It's a keeper and one we'll be making many more times, as we both love peaches and this recipe is so simple and easy to make, and so easy to eat.
Oct 19, 2009
First time ever making a peach cobbler & it turned out great. The reason I picked this recipe was mainly because I had all the ingredients on hand. This is a GREAT RECIPE! and I would deinitely make it again!
Sep 3, 2009
Recipe needs cinnamon and perhaps nutmeg in the sauce.