Frosted Pineapple Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple aside; set juice aside for frosting. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add pineapple and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with enough of the reserved pineapple juice to achieve a smooth spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 98 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 16, 2019
I lost my old recipe for pineapple drop cookies so was happy to find this one. I had a large can of crushed pineapple and used a bit more than called for but the cookies were perfect. They get moister and tastier the 2nd day when in a sealed container. YUM!
Dec 21, 2018
Instead of a cup of sugar I used 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar I cut back on flour instead of 2 cups I used 1-3/4 cups of flour and definetly more pineapple
Oct 18, 2014
Unfortunately these cookies did not turn out for me. The only change I made was to double the recipe. The cookies were very dense and dry - not moist at all and with little pineapple flavor.
Jun 15, 2014
I haven't made these yet but would like to do so tomorrow. Does anyone know if I need to change this for high altitude cooking?
Mar 23, 2014
I made these without the frosting, and they were still delicious. They would be great for a spring or tropical-themed occasion.
Sep 11, 2013
Cakey, moist, pineapple-filled cookies. Also good without frosting just dusted with icing sugar. Be sure the bottoms are crispy brown as it gives a nice texture next to the soft cookies.
Mar 18, 2013
Loved them....may try different frosting though.
Feb 15, 2013
These were very easy to make and a refreshing change from the standard chocolate chip. Light, cakey and yummy!!
Dec 30, 2012
Such a great tasting cookie! They started disappearing before they got glazed. Not really sure of I'll even bother with the glaze next time. Fantastic! Thanks for the recipe! Oh and got almost 4 dozen using a #60 scoop.
Apr 14, 2011
These cake-like cookies are very yummy! They are very different from your average cookie, pineapple is a welcome change.