Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, chili sauce, garlic and reserved pineapple juice; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over both sides of pineapple rings. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 266 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Sep 30, 2013
Marinade was delicious and made the chops tender. Will definitely make again!
Jun 17, 2011
Great Recipe! Tasty, easy and quick. I'll be making this again and again!
Mar 3, 2011
Great! Makes enough marinade for more than two chops so it's easy to use this recipe when cooking for more than two.
Jun 6, 2010
You can use the same amount of marinade for four pork chops. The chops were tender and juicy. I didn't bother to double the amount of pineapple as I knew my husband would not be interested in grilled pineapple, but my daughter and I loved it--my daughter ate the leftovers for lunch the following day.
Feb 17, 2010
My kids loved this recipe. I made it with coconut rice and peach cobbler!
Apr 19, 2009
This was amazing! My husband said the pork chops were better than Patty's (a well-known-for-their pork-chops restaurant in KY). The same night we ate them we called some friends of ours and invited them for supper the next week because they HAD to try these pork chops. GREAT recipe!
Dec 29, 2008
Can the meat be prepared in the oven. If so, at what temperature and for how long?cee-jay
Mar 12, 2008
Great recipe . Love the grilled pineapple