Tempting Shrimp Phyllo Tarts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine or fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and wine or milk. Stir in the shrimp, onion powder, salt and thyme. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon filling by heaping teaspoonfuls into tart shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until shells are lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 76 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 16, 2010
Everyone always asks us to make or bring this appetizer. It is everyone's favorite, even our neighbor who doesn't like shrimp!
Nov 28, 2009
We added 3 or 4 slices of Kalamata and green olive after baking. Next time we may add chopped olives with the crab mixture before baking.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.