Shrimp in Phyllo Cups
I almost didn’t make these appetizers for last year’s Christmas party because I was running out of time, but I knew they’d be a tasty hit. Simple to make, the cups have few ingredients and look beautiful on the plate—very gourmet! This turned out to be one of the night’s favorites, and they just flew off the plate. —Terri Edmunds, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (61-70 per pound), finely chopped
- 1 medium celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each ) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix shrimp and celery. In a bowl, mix salad dressing, mayonnaise and lemon juice; pour over shrimp mixture. Stir to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bake and cool tart shells according to package directions. Just before serving, fill shells with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
Originally published as Shrimp in Phyllo Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017