Crispy Shrimp Cups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake; 15 min.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 24 peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Optional garnishes: lemon slices and fresh basil leaves
- Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over edges of wrappers. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, minced parsley and hot pepper sauce until blended. Spoon into cups. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until filling is heated through. Top with shrimp. Serve warm, garnished with lemon and basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 92 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 5, 2013
This recipe is awesome and my family raved over it!
Jan 1, 2012
Very good! I like spicy, but these were just a little too spicy for me so I'll reduce the amount of hot sauce next time. I wasn't too sure about the sweetness when I first tried it, but it did grow on me.
Dec 27, 2011
These were simply delicious and a breeze to prepare. I will make this a staple of my entertaining go-to recipes! Everyone raved.
Dec 1, 2011
These were a huge hit at both holiday parties that I took them to. They remind me of crab rangoons but with shrimp! Totally worth it!