Crispy Shrimp Cups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake; 15 min.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 24 peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Optional garnishes: lemon slices and fresh basil leaves
- Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over edges of wrappers. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, minced parsley and hot pepper sauce until blended. Spoon into cups. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until filling is heated through. Top with shrimp. Serve warm, garnished with lemon and basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 92 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 5, 2013
This recipe is awesome and my family raved over it!
Jan 1, 2012
Very good! I like spicy, but these were just a little too spicy for me so I'll reduce the amount of hot sauce next time. I wasn't too sure about the sweetness when I first tried it, but it did grow on me.
Dec 27, 2011
These were simply delicious and a breeze to prepare. I will make this a staple of my entertaining go-to recipes! Everyone raved.
Dec 1, 2011
These were a huge hit at both holiday parties that I took them to. They remind me of crab rangoons but with shrimp! Totally worth it!