Zippy Shrimp Skewers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first seven ingredients; add shrimp. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, on a lightly oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 57 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 21, 2014
Too spicy, other than that, bland. Will not make this again.
Dec 10, 2013
This is the recipe I seem to go to, over and over again. I use this base marinade for many very different dishes. Use rice, or LoMein noodles and add your own vegetables
May 7, 2011
This was easy and tasted good, but not much "kick". The sweet overpowered the spicy.