Zippy Shrimp Skewers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 57 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Mar 21, 2014
Too spicy, other than that, bland. Will not make this again.
Dec 10, 2013
This is the recipe I seem to go to, over and over again. I use this base marinade for many very different dishes. Use rice, or LoMein noodles and add your own vegetables
May 7, 2011
This was easy and tasted good, but not much "kick". The sweet overpowered the spicy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.