Shrimp Salad Lettuce Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the shrimp, onion, celery and pimientos. Spoon 1 tablespoonful onto each endive leaf; arrange on a platter. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 105 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
May 10, 2010
This is a good appetizer but needs more seasoning. I had to cut some of the endive leaves in 2 because they were too long and would have been awkward as finger food.
Oct 15, 2009
Really good appie on 1/4" slices of cucumber instead of endive. I changed a few ingredients to - 1 tsp dill, 3 tbsp each minced celery, pimientos & added 3 tbsp minced carrot along w/ the rest. Pat shrimp dry before chopping. Do not make too far in advance or mixture becomes watery. Great appetizer and easy!Trish DParksville, BC
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.