Sandy Schneider of Naperville, Illinois shares this delightful shrimp appetizer that’s a breeze to make. The creamy three-ingredient filling has a hint of horseradish. TIP: These can be assembled a day ahead for convenience. More Shrimp Appetizers »
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Minced fresh parsley
- Seafood cocktail sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish and Parmesan cheese until blended. Cut a small hole in the corner of a resealable plastic bag; add cream cheese mixture. Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves. Pipe about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into each shrimp.
- Arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with seafood sauce if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.