If you like stuffed fish, this recipe is the way to go. It’s so easy to assemble and cooks in just a few minutes in the microwave. Try it with chicken instead of sole, if you prefer, for a meal that’s equally good. –Robert Bishop, Lexington, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 sole fillets, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt or onion powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup cubed bread, toasted
- Dash paprika
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon juice and onion salt; set aside. Pour 2 tablespoons butter into an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Add the shrimp, milk, celery and parsley. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in bread cubes.
- Spoon shrimp mixture onto fillets. Starting with a short side, roll up each and secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased shallow microwave-safe dish. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Discard toothpicks.