Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Sole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, chives, garlic, lemon peel and parsley. Spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing onto each fillet; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18x12 in.). Combine the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter; spoon over fillets. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 packet: 363 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 46g protein.
Jun 25, 2018
The taste is terrific, but this recipe gets only 3 stars because 1..the cherry tomatoes didn't cook 2)the sauce was so bland, I created the sherry cream sauce another reader recommended before I served it. 3 ) It gets very watery in the pouch. I used that broth in my cream sauce, which I made with broth, cream cheese and shredded cheddar sour cream and tarragon and served it on the side with pilaf.
Jul 31, 2016
This is wonderful. I changed the sauce to butter, cream and sherry. I also baked in oven but didn't line pan just used a casserole. Covered with foil and poked some holes to let out steam. Uncovered and baked additional 5 min. Served with rice pilaf and green beans and almonds in balsamic reduction. I ate too much :-) A really nice easy recipe. TY.
Apr 25, 2016
I made this in the oven...lined a pan with foil and baked the stuffed sole uncovered for about 25 minutes. I doubled the cream cheese and omitted the butter, didn't have lemon zest so added a couple teaspoons of lemon juice instead. Served with a creamy garlic spice sauce I made from scratch, it was absolutely delishous and got rave reviews from my husband. This is a great dish that you can prep ahead and is very simple to prepare.
May 17, 2015
At the request of family, I did not roll up fish. (I used Swai fillets) I just combined all and topped individual fish pieces. I cooked 8 oz of tiny elbow pasta and poured the contents of the four packets over the pasta after removing fish. WOW! This way nothing of the ingredients are wasted.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.