Blue Cheese-Stuffed Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole mustard
- 24 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup parsley, blue cheese, shallot and mustard. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Make a deep slit along the back of each shrimp to within 1/4-1/2 in. of the bottom. Stuff with cream cheese mixture; press remaining parsley onto cream cheese mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed shrimp: 43 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat.
Apr 9, 2014
So good and very easy. Brought them to a potluck and work and everyone thought they were great.
Nov 1, 2012
I have made this recipe several times and it has been a big hit. Last Christmas a draped the stuffed shrimp in a Christmas tree-shaped cake mold. Looks very festive and I go home with an empty container.