Berry Phyllo Tarts
Lightly glazed fresh fruit nestled in delicate pastry creates a looks-like-you-fussed dessert. Shares TerryAnn Moore of Vineland, New Jersey. "One taste of the crisp-tender shell topped with sweet berries, and I don't miss those confections with more fat and sugar."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup navel orange sections
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Fresh mint, optional
- Roll up phyllo dough and cut into 1/4-in.-wide strips. Place strips in a large bowl; toss with butter, sugar and orange zest until coated. Divide strips into six portions; shape into nests on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat marmalade until melted. In a large bowl, combine the oranges and berries in a large bowl; drizzle with marmalade and juices. Sprinkle with lemon and lime zest; gently toss to coat. Just before serving, spoon into nests. Garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.