Mini Phyllo Tacos
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese blend.
- Place tart shells in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill with taco mixture.
- Bake 6 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese blend; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Freeze option: Freeze cooled taco cups in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 63 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2015
Mar 11, 2014
Made these with kids recently and was a big hit! Garnished mine with diced cilantro. Served along side the Mandarin Salsa and 5 minute Guacamole.
Dec 28, 2013
A perfect appetizer before our Christmas dinner. Thank you.
Nov 28, 2011
Very yummie and easy to make. A hit with the adults as well as the kids. I will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.