Phyllo Fruit Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate, melted
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush evenly with butter-oil mixture. Repeat with seven more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer and stacking on previous sheet. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with waxed paper to prevent it from drying out.)
- Place phyllo dough on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Gently spread over cooled crust. Arrange fruits over cream cheese layer; drizzle with chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 183 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Feb 1, 2014
Sorry, but this turned into the biggest mess I have ever had. It would have been more than sufficient to have used two sheets of phyllo, but eight was a big mess. I was baking it for a birthday cake and ended up having to separate each sheet to finish baking. I set my timer for 7 min ... 4 times! I finally decided it was not going to get done unless I separated the sheets and baked them. At this late time I am stuck with serving what I could salvage. What a mess.
Nov 30, 2012
This was a good for a friend's "birthday cake" since she was on a diet. It is satisfying but we all ate more than one piece
Aug 19, 2010
I used Bananas instead of Kiwi and Dark Chocolate and it was delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.