Turtle Praline Tart
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 36 caramels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges.
- Line unpricked pie crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake until light golden brown, 5-6 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine caramels and 1/2 cup cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Spread filling evenly into crust. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Whip remaining cream; serve with tart.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 335 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2015
To Roseannf: the other 1/2 cup cream is used for whipping and placing a dollop on top of the finished pie. It states this in the last paragraph of the recipe.
Mar 14, 2015
This sounds soooooo yummy, my only problem is, where is the other 1/2 cup of cream used? It says 1 cup of cream divided, but only 1/2 cup is used to melt the caramels
Sep 24, 2013
A nice recipe. I have made this before and also used mini cupcake pans Baked pastry, added a bit caramel mixture, chopped nuts and chocolate drizzle. it is a hit all the way around! it is a recipe I would make again and keep in my favorite box.
Apr 25, 2013
Kathy here! Just a heads up that I DID NOT put the foil in my recipe. I guess the editors thought it was required, but I did not! So sorry about that !!!
Aug 5, 2012
Thank goodness for the foil warning! I hope you don't use a microwave, any electronic devices, a cell phone, flourescent lights, or breathe the air.Tart was wonderful.
May 14, 2012
My husband drooled over the picture and thought the finished product was amazing.
Jun 20, 2011
I baked the crust on baking sheet. Cut it in pieces and put it in miniature dessert dishes. Poured the mixture on top. Topped with whipped cream. Everyone did think it was a fancy dish.
Mar 13, 2011
Wonderful, but would never serve 16 in my household!!! Wonderful taste and easy to make.... can't believe the number of people who don't know that aluminum foil is not a health threat. Look it up people!!!!
Mar 12, 2011
this is very good and i would make this once a week
Mar 10, 2011
What is with all this stuff about foil? I thought this was for either liking, disliking or making it with other ingredients? Maybe even "Make Over" recipes. If you don't like to use foil then don't!! All of your remarks are not what we are looking for on here! We want to know if the recipes are good or not that's all!!