Mini Sausage Quiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes; drain. Stir in chives.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into a long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 48 pieces. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Fill each with about 2 teaspoons of sausage mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheeses. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. If desired, sprinkle with additional minced chives. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 mini quiche: 66 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 20, 2019
These little quiches are excellent! I also put bacon too!
May 16, 2019
I have not made these yet. Just wondering if they could be frozen, i am going to try this weekend.
Mar 27, 2019
These were perfect for a tasty utensil free finger food. I did add about a T of minced red pepper. I also used ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese because I had some which needed to be used. It took a bit of gentle but persistent rolling to get enough dough from.one roll. I placed the cut dough into the muffin tin then used the bottomed of a shot glass to gently press the dough on the bottom and up the sides. It was fast and easy. These were quite tasty.
Mar 22, 2019
Nice little snack recipe. Easy prep and a quick bake. Very tasty . I added some green pepper. Gobbled up by all. Empty plate equals winner. V F E
May 3, 2018
Can't eat sausage to spicy; can I use crisp bacon in bite size instead. If so, how much bacon?
Apr 11, 2018
They are very good. I needed an appetizer that would be good at room temperature and these did the trick.
Feb 12, 2018
This recipe was LIFE CHANGING! IT was so amazing, and not only did I and my guests love it, but I now use it as a 'template' recipe for breakfast quiches. I switch up the ingredients, like the cheese, the sausage, add more veggies, I just keep the measurements for the eggs and the cheese the same, for the correct ratio of egg to cheese taste. Overall, THANKS SO MUCH, I love this recipe! It tastes great with all different cheeses and breakfast sausage too! Also - I've never made it in a mini muffin tin, I just use a regular 12 muffin cup tin and the timing on cooking it is the same.
Feb 21, 2017
These are great!
May 8, 2016
I don't think the calorie count on these could be correct. Even doubling it for using a bigger muffin cup.
May 17, 2015
This recipe is tasty. But though it is good, I didn't really think it was worth the extra effort it took to prepare the separate quiches. I'll stick with Bacon Swiss Squares.