Sausage Quiche Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 10 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with cheeses, onion, chilies and jalapeno if desired. In a bowl, beat eggs and seasonings. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; cut into 1-in. squares.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 29 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2017
These are delicious and so easy to make. My husband loved it!
Aug 3, 2017
I like to have breakfast block parties and have egg casserole this was ideal easy to fix Thanks for sharing I made copies of recipe all were taken I will make this often~~Raz
Dec 28, 2016
Easy to make and everyone loved it at work. I did bake it 10 minutes longer than stated for completely done center. Would definitely make again!
Feb 23, 2015
Love this! I use spicy sausage and no salt as the other ingredients have plenty already. I have made these a few times. Always a hit!The spices clump together when mixed with the eggs, so next time I'll mix the spices separately and sprinkle over the casserole before pouring on the eggs.
Jan 30, 2015
This is a hit with young and old. I have made this for family, friends and caterings. It is great for a party appetizer or a brunch buffet.
Mar 3, 2012
I made this two more times with two different kinds of sausage, and I actually like it best with the ham I used originally.
Jan 22, 2012
This was excellent. I substituted ham for the sausage(using up leftovers!) and cut it into dinner serving-sized pieces. I imagine it would be just as good as an appetizer.
Jul 3, 2010
I mix all the ingredients together instead of layering them. Sometimes I bake it in muffin tins to make individual servings.
Jan 1, 2010
Very good. Really enjoyed. Although had to cook a little longer than stated - center was still undercooked and had to nuke a bit after baking to firm up. but flavor was great!
Sep 21, 2009
I made this as an appetizer for a tea I was helping cater, but found that it also served great as a weekend brunch item. Will use this one again and again.