Bacon Swiss Squares
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and water. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll into a 14x10-in. rectangle.
- Place on the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange cheese over dough. Sprinkle with bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over bacon.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 246 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Oct 31, 2009
Oct 31, 2009
This was good, but could have used a little more flavor to spice it up. Next time, I may add some cayenne powder or green chilis to spice it up.
Apr 2, 2009
I made this on Christmas. It was tasty but it was rather tough to reheat it the next day. I used cheddar cheese instead of swiss. It was very simple to make and with all the ingredients i have on hand usually.
Sep 27, 2008
This recipe works equally well with cheddar and ham or any other combination of meat and cheese. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.