Swiss Chicken Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; place one cheese and prosciutto slice down the center of each. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides; transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Discard toothpicks from chicken rolls; serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2016
Excellent recipe. I've made the roll ups before, but the sauce in this recipe definitely takes it a whole new level of flavor. I did not have prosciutto on hand, so I substituted hickory cured ham.
Mar 6, 2013
This was so good and not hard to make!! My husband loved it. The sauce is amazing!!
Feb 18, 2011
Easy and with a great taste - with or without the marsala
May 31, 2010
THIS WAS VERY GOOD. MY WHOLE FAMILY ENJOYED IT.