Broccoli Cheddar Squares
For many years, I’ve made these cheesy broccoli squares for tailgate parties, book club and other events. They’re excellent served warm or hot, but we enjoy them cold, too. —Veronica Downen, Crystal Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli (about 11 cups), thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir until moistened. Fold in cheese and broccoli.
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish; place dish in oven 3-5 minutes or until butter is melted. Carefully tilt baking dish to coat bottom and sides with butter. Add broccoli mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 119 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Squares in Taste of Home April/May 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.