Broccoli Biscuit Squares
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and water until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Stir remaining cheddar cheese into the beef mixture; spread over dough. Sprinkle with broccoli.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 513 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 1369mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2016
I prefer fresh vegetables over canned or frozen whenever available, therefore I used fresh mushrooms & broccoli. The recipe was easy to assemble & baked nicely. Instead of using the teaspoon of salt since we try to stay clear of extra salt, I used a dash of seasoned salt. The dash of seasoned salt & black pepper gave this just enough flavor.