Broccoli-Cheddar Hash Browns
Need a new go-to comfort food? Hash browns will fit the bill. This gooey combo of tender potatoes and broccoli pairs well with a wide variety of entrees.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the hash browns, broccoli, 3/4 cup cheese and onions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the soup, salt and mustard. Pour over potato mixture; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Broccoli and Cheese Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012