Broccoli-Cheddar Beef Rolls
My grandma's recipe for beef rolls is easy to change up. Load them with ham, veggies, even olives. While they bake, I whip up au jus for dipping. —Kent Call, Riverside, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat to 325°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with broccoli and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cut one-third off the top of each roll; discard or save for another use. Hollow out bottoms, leaving 1/2-in.-thick shells; place on a baking sheet.
- Tear bread removed from centers into 1/2-in. pieces and place in a bowl. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese and beef mixture. Spoon into bread shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 394 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.