Broccoli-Cheddar Beef Rolls
My grandma's recipe for beef rolls is easy to change up. Load them with ham, veggies, even olives. While they bake, I whip up au jus for dipping. —Kent Call, Riverside, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat to 325°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with broccoli and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cut one-third off the top of each roll; discard or save for another use. Hollow out bottoms, leaving 1/2-in.-thick shells; place on a baking sheet.
- Tear bread removed from centers into 1/2-in. pieces and place in a bowl. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese and beef mixture. Spoon into bread shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 394 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Warm u up cheese rolls in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips