Sausage Cheese Squares
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Unroll dough; place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides to form a crust. Top with sausage and cheese. Beat eggs in a bowl; add remaining ingredients. Carefully pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into 12 pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 246 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Jun 22, 2018
I didn’t try the original recipe so I am giving 4 stars. I tweaked it a bit, using the suggestion of more eggs, less milk and adding chopped onion. 1 ½ c of cheese, ½ c of milk, 2 T of chopped onion. Also used cooked Turkey sausage crumbles instead of the link sausage because hubby doesn’t like link sausage. It came out perfectly!! He and his coworkers loved it! Oh, and you do know about the Crescent roll baking sheets now, right? No need to press all the seams together. It just comes in one big sheet for recipes like this. So easy! Enjoy!
Jun 11, 2018
Very good, but needs onion or onion powder for added flavor.
Jun 10, 2018
Very good, quick and easy to put together. This recipe I used for breakfast for dinner night and it was perfect. The only change I made was adding Cajun seasoning to the eggs for extra spice.
Apr 7, 2013
This was absolutely fantastic and I don't even care for sausage that much!
Aug 12, 2011
My husband of 52 years thought this was delicious, but next time I will make a few changes. Use only 1 1/2 cup (6 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese, Five (5) eggs, and only 1/2 cup milk. The cheese melted, of course, but made the inside seem like it wasn't done. Kept in oven extra time, but still looked raw inside. Think between too much cheese and too much milk it made it hard to finish cooking.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.