Sausage Cheese Balls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- Sweet-and-sour and barbecue sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauces if desired.
Nutrition Facts6 piece: 265 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Dec 25, 2014
These were very good, but a bit heavy and greasy. I think next time I would make 24 balls so they would be more bite-sized and appetizer-ish. But the flavor is terrific; they are delicious!
Aug 3, 2013
This recipe does earn those 5 stars. They are cheesy, moist and delicious. Love the little crunch surprise from the celery.Mixture is great to work with. Bake time is right on.
Dec 20, 2007
Made these for a party at the Moose lodge. They went over great. Made recipe using 2 lbs. of Jimmy Dean sausage. Then made another using 2 lbs. of italian sausage. Every body raved about both.