Monster Curried Cheese Ball
Don't be afraid of this cheese ball! The combination of the bold chutney and the mellow cheddar and blue cheeses creates a wonderful flavor. It's also a convenient make-ahead appetizer because it has to set up in the fridge overnight. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chillling
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, softened
- Coarsely shredded red cabbage, green pepper pieces, baby carrot and radish
- Assorted crackers
- In a blender, cover and process the chutney and curry until pureed. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses and chutney mixture; beat until blended. Shape into a ball; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place on plate. Add the monster's hair and face, using the cabbage, green pepper, carrot and radish. Serve with crackers.
Originally published as Curried Cheese Ball Monster in Halloween Party Favorites 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.