Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (2 tablespoons each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Graham crackers
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth; beat in sugars just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 2 hours.
- Place mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate, wrapped, at least 1 hour.
- To serve, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 202 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 31, 2017
Amazing! Big hit every function I bring to. Served with pretzels and Graham crackers
Dec 28, 2017
these are really good. I served with chocolate grahams and cinnamon graham sticks- loved both with it. I do think it tasted kind of like choc chip cookie dough. The people at work really loved it, and so did my husband.
Nov 13, 2017
I make this all the time for parties & potlucks & it always gets rave reviews & never lasts long. I serve it with graham cracker sticks.
Sep 20, 2017
I had a girls' game night and served a few appetizers. Since this had a sweet theme, I served it towards the end. Lived by all. A keeper. Thanks!
Sep 4, 2017
Am I missing something? It got really good reviews but I didn't get a cookie dough taste here! The kids ate it but most adults were a one taste and moved on kind of thing.
Aug 3, 2017
A sweet treat for dessert or anytime! You can take a little or a lot and you can change the flavor by adding different candies and serve it with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, butter cookies. The combination is endless!Always a hit!
Jul 25, 2017
This was a great surprise everyone thought it wasn't sweet,EVERYONE loved it Thanks for sharing
Apr 2, 2016
One of my favorite go-to recipes! Always get lots of request for this tasty treat. Have made with reduced fat and fat free cream cheese with good results. Just shape in a cute serving dish & pat the nuts on top. Sometimes also like to toss in some toffee bits. I like to serve with graham pretzels (regular & chocolate) that I get from a local bulk food store. I can eat this by the spoonful!
Jan 17, 2016
"Very good recipe! Nice to have a dessert cheese ball recipe. "
Dec 28, 2015
Made it really fast on Christmas day for family. I substituted graham crumbs for nuts(allergies). Will become a favorite go to recipe!