Christmas Cheese Balls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes3 cheese balls
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh parsley, chopped pecans and paprika
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in the pecans, milk, olives, garlic and salt. Divide into thirds; roll each into a ball.
- Roll one ball in parsley and one in nuts. Sprinkle one with paprika. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 125 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 18, 2018
Very good flavor-we like this recipe a lot. Makes enough to give some as a gift. Of course it isn't very healthy-that's part of the reason we generally have rich foods only a few times a year for holidays, etc. They become a part of special traditions that families look forward to. So much fun and so many memories!
Dec 6, 2018
I make this delicious recipe frequently for quests and everyone enjoys. However, with 12 grams of fat and 6 grams of saturated fat it's really isn't all that healthy.
Dec 3, 2013
We love this Cheese Ball Recipe. We make it every year. This year I made it for a baby shower and it was a big hit.
Dec 20, 2012
I made 3 huge cheese balls out of this recipe just as it said. I had all the ingredients on hand.After the cheese was softened, I put all of the ingredients into the mixer and blended everything just as suggested. What a great recipe!
Dec 14, 2007
I love this recipe! However, the first time I made it I didn't realize it yielded three cheese balls, so I made one giant cheese ball. It looked funny, but tasted soooo good. My family can't wait for me to make it again this year!