Holiday Cheese Ball
Andrea Bolden from Unionville, Tennessee writes, "With its colorful flecks of green onion and pimiento, this cheese ball is great as a Christmas or New Year's appetizer. It can be made with fat-free cheeses without sacrificing the zesty Italian taste."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes1 cheese ball
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Toasted French bread slices, assorted crackers and/or fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with toasted French bread slices, crackers and/or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 156 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Cheese Ball in Taste of Home December/January 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.