Party Cheese Balls
These tangy cheese balls are guaranteed to spread cheer at your next gathering. The ingredients create a colorful presentation and a savory combination of flavors. As a grandmother who loves to cook, I send many pantry presents off to college.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese balls (1-3/4 cups each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape into two balls; roll in parsley and pecans. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 99 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Party Cheese Balls in Country Woman November/December 2003