Feta Cheese Balls
Dill and garlic go well with the tang of feta in this cheese ball...in fact, I think it tastes like a million bucks. It's super easy to do and since the recipe makes two, it's ideal for gatherings.—Kelly Yeager, Hahnville, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese balls (1-1/4 cups each)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Bagel chips
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and oil until smooth. Stir in the feta cheese, onions, garlic, dill, oregano and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into two balls. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with bagel chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without chips): 114 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fetta Cheese Ball in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 Bookazine
Dec 19, 2013
Made this recipe for Thanksgiving - it was the hit and has been requested for Christmas Eve. It is easy and favorful. Didnt roll into a cheese ball and was still good.