Pumpkin Cheese Ball
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) dried beef, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Celery leaves
- Crackers or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin and pineapple. Stir in cheddar cheese, beef and onion. Shape into a ball; place on a serving platter. Score sides with a knife to resemble a pumpkin and add celery leaves for a stem. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 80 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2014
I prepared this recipe for the first time on 2/26/14. I have adjusted it, though! My adjustments are as follows: I added 1 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt, 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg,1/8 tsp. ground ginger. I used a shredded Cheddar cheese blend! I used 1-3/4 cups of this cheese blend. I used 1 Tbsp. finely chopped RED onion, 4 slices pastrami, finely chopped and I used one 15-oz. can of pumpkin. I omitted the pineapple. The cheeseball mixture was quite sticky! I placed it in a Cool Whip Container (1 lb. size) and rounded it out with a knife and large spoon. I stuck some celery leaves on top. I'll have to allow it to set overnight and see what happens! It looked quite good and tasted like a traditional cheeseball would, what with the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese blend and seasonings. I plan to share it with my colleagues at the local hospital where I work as a volunteer! Linnea Rein, Thank you for this recipe! Who knows-this recipe JUST might be a treat again in the future! IThis week is Appetizer week on the "Cook's Corner" forum, so I thought I'd try it and share it with the "Cook's Corner" forum, too! delowenstein
Jun 15, 2012
I made this several times at the holiday. It's wonderful for Thanksgiving! One year I did a little appetizer party at work. All pumpkin recipes. This was the star!