Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the pineapple, green pepper, onions, seasonings and 1/2 cup pecans. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, roll cheese ball in remaining pecans. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 98 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 17, 2014
We did not like this at all. I took it to a card party and no one ate it. It was like eating just a spoonful of onions and green peppers - couldn't even taste the pineapple. Very salty, also.
Oct 18, 2014
I have been making this for years and it is very good!! The pecans and pineapple give the ball such an unique flavor. It does have a hard time holding a ball shape however. Not a reason not to make it.
Jan 6, 2014
Mine didn't turn out very solid, but oh my gosh, was it good!! I just turned it into a dip and topped it with the finely chopped pecans. Definitely a keeper, though maybe next time, it will hold a ball shape for me!
Jan 19, 2011
This is my favorite and my families favorite cheese ball ever. I made this for our Christmas Eve get together and there wasn't even a crumb left. Usually when I make the other 2 that I have over the years, at least I have leftovers LOL. This is the best and easiest to make...can't believe I missed this recipe all these years. Jan V
Dec 28, 2010
Made for family Christmas Eve get together..only change was adding 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese. My family truly devoured this cheeseball, didn't have a crumb left. Will definitely be a keeper for my family.
Dec 4, 2009
If you want a differnt but unique taste, try toasting the pecans.
Jun 18, 2009
First ate this when I would go to Mary Kay parties. Make it every year at Christmas. It is so good!
Feb 16, 2009
I agree that this cheeseball is wonderful -- and pretty easy! I've made it twice for different get-togethers and gotten lots of raves and recipe requests!
Oct 22, 2008
To die for!!!
Apr 1, 2008
This is the best cheeseball ever! My older sister makes it and it is the best! It tastes sooo good!Anna