Pineapple-Pecan Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup pecans, pineapple, chilies, red pepper and garlic powder; beat until combined. Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans just before serving. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 100 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 19, 2011
It was a little bit too mild for me. I added fresh garlic and lemon.
Nov 29, 2009
This is really good I have made it a number of times now this version and have used fat free cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Both ways are good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.