Pineapple-Pecan Cheese Spread
Cynde Sonnier’s smooth and creamy cheese spread is chock-full of red pepper, green chilies and crunchy pecans. It’s always a hit in Mont Belvieu, Texas…and a sure-fire way to get the kids to eat more veggies.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup pecans, pineapple, chilies, red pepper and garlic powder; beat until combined. Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans just before serving. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 100 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 19, 2011
It was a little bit too mild for me. I added fresh garlic and lemon.
Nov 29, 2009
This is really good I have made it a number of times now this version and have used fat free cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Both ways are good.