Sweet & Savory Pineapple Cheese Ball
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese balls (2 cups each)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in pineapple, 1-1/2 cups pecans, green pepper, onion and seasoned salt. Shape into two balls. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Place remaining pecans in a small shallow bowl; roll cheese balls in pecans to coat evenly. Serve with crackers.
Apr 13, 2019
I make a variation of this as a dip or spread. I use 2/8oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup each of crushed pineapple, minced onions
Dec 27, 2018
I cut back on the pineapple, added 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese, and some finely cut up salami to make it more savory than sweet. Delicious!
Dec 14, 2017
Made this cheese ball many times in the last 25 years. Always a hit.
Dec 7, 2017
This is my go-to cheese ball every Christmas. My guests just rave about it.
Nov 14, 2017
This is my favorite cheese ball to make. I use 2 cans of pineapple and squeeze the juice out well!