Three-in-One Cheese Ball
Every Christmas, I make these cheese balls for an annual get-together. They aren't only for the holidays, however. You'll find they freeze well and last for a week in the refrigerator. I have even re-formed leftovers into smaller balls. I do my cooking in an 1892 home we're fixing up (my husband's a renovations contractor). We have a son, 3, and a baby daughter born last spring.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes3 cheese balls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Finely chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, milk, onion and Worcestershire sauce until fluffy. If a smoother spread is desired, process in a food processor until creamy.
- Divide into thirds (about 1 cup each). Shape first portion into a ball; roll in pepper. Add the blue cheese to the second portion. Shape into a ball; roll in parsley. Add garlic powder to the remaining portion. Shape into a ball; roll in nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers.