Crab-Brie Cheese Ball
This is no ordinary cheese ball! The phyllo-wrapped, baked Brie always wows the crowd at parties I host for the employees and customers of my small business. —Jody Issod, Marlborough, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 sheets phyllo dough (14 inch x 9 inch sheet size)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Shape into a ball; set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface. (Keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Brush dough with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo, brushing each layer with remaining butter.
- Place Brie in center of phyllo stack; top with ball of crab mixture. Bring up corners of dough around Brie and ball; invert and place seam side down in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine egg and water. Brush over dough.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving with crackers.
Originally published as Crabmeat Brie Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.