Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 148 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Sep 2, 2015
Very dry and tasteless. I had to add an egg to keep the meatball together on the cookie sheet.
Feb 17, 2015
This was killer with venison, loved it.
Dec 26, 2013
These were definitely a winner! I had no leftovers.... That is my goal
Sep 18, 2013
Nov 12, 2012
Nov 5, 2012
This recipe is very good if you substitute breakfast sausage instead of ground meat. The spicier the sausage, they better they are.
Nov 5, 2012
This recipe has been a favorite in my family for years. The recipe is exactly the same as this one, except we substitute sausage for the ground beef. They are yummy little treats especially around the holidays!
Dec 29, 2011
We didn't think much of these, not much flavor and we thought very dry.
Dec 12, 2011
Very good but must be served immediately. The cheese gets hard if they sit out too long. All of my kids loved them!
Nov 1, 2011
I make this recipe all the time with green onions added to it. I also stuff mushrooms with them and bake they are excellent!!