3-in-1 Cheese Ball
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes3 large cheese balls (about 1 cup each)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- PESTO CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- HORSERADISH-BACON CHEESE BALL:
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- GORGONZOLA-CRANBERRY CHEESE BALL:
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- FOR SERVING:
- Miniature pretzels, cooked bacon, dried cranberries, basil leaves and green onion, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic until blended. Divide into three portions; place each in a small bowl.
- For Pesto Cheese Ball: Beat pesto into one portion of cheese mixture. Stir in basil. Shape into a ball.
- For Horseradish-Bacon Cheese Ball: Beat horseradish into a second portion of cheese mixture. Stir in bacon and green onion. Shape into one large ball or three mini balls.
- For Gorgonzola-Cranberry Cheese Ball: Beat Gorgonzola cheese into third portion of cheese mixture. Stir in cranberries. Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts to coat.
- Wrap cheese balls in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Unwrap and decorate as desired. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without optional decorations and crackers): 94 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 22, 2017
Delicious and easily customizable.
Dec 27, 2014
I've been making cheese balls for years & never had the rave reaction that I had to this one. Excellent cream cheese/parmesan/garlic base, then you can riff with whatever is in your pantry or fridge. I made blue cheese/dried cherry rolled in sliced almonds and cheddar/bacon*/sundried tomato rolled in paprika. Endless possibilities from one easy base.* I am a fanatic for precooked bacon crumbles from Costco. Just microwave briefly to crisp, then stir in. Couldn't be easier!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.